Total Pageviews

Monday, December 10, 2007

Life with Pain



It seems like it has been forever since I have made a post. My back started giving me problems in August. After going to the doctor and having x-rays and mri's, I finally got a diagnosis. I have 2 problems which are degenerative scoliosis and stenosis. My treatment was physical therapy and strong tylenol prescription. The pain progressed with sharp jabs through my left hip and thigh. I had found myself sitting most of the time, but gradually that became too much. The only relief that I could get was by lying flat on my back. I decided to find a doctor at Emory and get another opinion. He recommended a steroid injection which I had done on Dec. 5th. During the three days prior to the procedure, I didn't think that I could stand the pain. I found some relief immediately afterwards. On the 7th the pain had escalated which I found does happen to some people. The next morning I woke up pain free. It is wonderful. I am not sure how long this will last, but I am enjoying every moment now.

No comments: