Total Pageviews

Monday, December 31, 2007

Journal Quilt 2007


This was the first time that I participated in the Journal Quilt Project. I based my image on the gate to an apartment complex designed by Gaudi. I was standing in front of the gates when my husband took my photo. Behind the gates I created images of the moon to symbolize 6 months of my life. There are fireworks, sorrow, calmness and other emotions that reflect what my life was like during this period. The gates appear to be a huge web that I have been caught in but not struggling to leave. I enjoyed dying the fabric and adding bead work to create this quilt. It was on display in Houston and now is traveling with the other journal quilts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice read. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did anyone learn that some chinese hacker had busted twitter yesterday again.