Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 7, 2007

Caramel Latte for the Koi



Christmas of 2005 my son and daughter in law gave me fabric and a pattern for a queen size quilt. I put it in my sewing room and completely forgot about it. I was cleaning up (LOL) in my studio this past January when I found it. I was horrified that I had not been working on it. I put everything else aside and immediately began to cut and sew. I finished it in April and sent it to the long arm quilter. July 5th I got it back from the quilter. I just finished sewing on the binding and label, As you can see it looks absolutely wonderful on our bed. I love it!

Our koi pond began over 30 years ago. We started out with 5 fish. Now it is over 60....it is very hard to count fish. They will not stay in one place. The red fabric in the quilt has koi printed all over it. It keeps things in perspective sometime to go back to a very traditional quilt. You remember all the reasons that you do art quilts.

No comments: