Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 2, 2006

December 2006

Finally took a photograph of this quilt that I tried some new techniques to achieve. I discharged some black fabric with fern fronds laying on the cloth as I misted it with a solution of 50/50 clorox and water. After processing it to stop the bleach, I did some rubbings of the fern fronds with the shiva sticks. I continued this technique on the hand dyed bluegreen fabric. After constructing the quilt, I decided to add some copper sheeting that I changed the patina by soaking it in ammonia. I cut the metal to make a fern frond and sewed it on the quilt with my machine. I used pieces of the left over copper to form into cylinders that I had hand sewed on.

No comments: