Total Pageviews

Friday, March 16, 2007

Acrylic painting


I finished this painting for my brother before we left to go on our trip to Spain. He had wanted it for his office. He had specified that he would like for me to paint some of my wildflowers. After going through many of my photographs, I settled on some photos of the trilliums that grow on our property in the mountains. I had not painted with acrylics in several years because my medium of choice is watercolor. The painting was slow to come to completion mainly because of the mental anquish rather than the difficulty of the work. I sent him a note with it telling how the flower appears in the spring for such a short time that you must enjoy every moment of it. It is very much like his visits to the mountains. I have to enjoy every moment because when they leave I know they will not return until next year.

No comments: